Rates and Insurance
Therapy Session Rates
Our usual and customary rate for an initial diagnostic interview is $175 per session [for psychologists] and $125 per session for therapists. Longer sessions will be charged an additional rate of $45.00 in quarter hour increments. Insurance plans will generally not provide coverage for such extended sessions.
- You are not limited to the list your insurance company provides. You can choose a mental health professional who you believe is competent and with whom you have a good therapeutic relationship.
- You and your mental health professional choose goals and length of treatment without interference from a third party who is unfamiliar with your care.
- When a provider has to file with an insurance company to receive reimbursement of fees for services provided, identifying information and a diagnosis is required. Insurance companies can also request information regarding symptoms, prognosis, and progress. This intrudes in to your privacy.
- Certain diagnoses filed through insurance can lead unfairly to future denial of life, health, or disability insurance.
- The client and provider can eliminate the burden and aggravation of dealing with insurance companies. Your time can be better spent on other things.
- If you are seeking treatment, then it is likely you consider your situation important. You do not have to leave that decision up to insurance companies.
- When treatment must be authorized by a third party disengaged in your care, they can deny payment for diagnoses they do not consider serious. You can avoid that dilemma.
The patient will make a $75 deposit upon making their first appointment. This $75 deposit is to be held and applied towards any no shows or appointments not canceled 24 hours prior to the scheduled session. Once $75 has been applied towards a no show or late cancellation, the patient must deposit another $75 before scheduling their next appointment.
Deposit Refund: If a patient completes therapy or decides not to return after any number of sessions (without a no show or late cancellation), the $75 will be refunded.
Termination of therapy
If a patient misses two consecutive scheduled sessions, the patient will be considered to have given notice of termination of therapy. Additionally, a patient who does not reschedule for a period of 30 days following their last therapy session will be considered to have terminated therapy. Patient’s returning for therapy following termination of therapy will be considered to be opening a new case for purpose of therapy.
Fees for psychological testing vary depending on the tests and length of time involved. While insurance may cover precertified psychological evaluations, insurance does not cover extended reports you may need. The patient is independently responsible for fees for such reports or for the psychologist’s time for review of records that might be involved in preparation of such a report. The fees are based on the standard session rate.
Dr. Joules accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Tricare, and Medicare.
Therapist Robert Garza does not accept insurance. Individual therapy session rate for 45 minutes is $125.00
Method of Payment
We accept credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express), and cash.